alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Monday, October 11, 2004

Just... more stuff.

I don't have a good title for today. I mean, technically it's tomorrow but you know what I mean. Today has been a blur of houses and properties, lots of mileage on the truck today. WingNut had the day off, so off we went, D in tow, to look at houses.

We found a lot of duds... places that the people were asking amounts of money that weren't reasonable due to the amount of work that would have to be put into it. Or, the ground needed serious terracing due to drainage issues as was the case with one place that we visited.

We did find one that I am making an appointment to see officially through the real estate agent. Jenger, you should be happy... it's like 2 miles from your house. Seriously. You know how I have to turn left at the shamrock to get to your street? Turn right instead. Then make another right on Hollow and follow down and it becomes 93rd. Not the first house for sale on that street (which is tiny!) but the second. It's a Re/Max house. I may go out and look at it tomorrow when there's more light. That is, if it's not wet tomorrow.

One good thing about househunting during rainy season... people can't hide the leaky roofs, wet ceilings, etc. Also, the drainage issues of the land are stark now... it's been raining for almost a week is what it feels like. No sky pictures here... It's nasty.

Have I done any knitting today? Not really... about ten rows on a novelty scarf that I should have finished *days* ago. However, I haven't knitted much since the fiasco with Cyndi's poncho. I'll knit more tomorrow probably... between writing a paper on "what I believe to be the greatest contribution that the Roman society left us" and a cause/effect essay for English which I already know what I'm going to write about... the ideas are percolating.

I should really be asleep by now... I have to get up at 7:30 am with D, start writing these papers, and study some more for my government exam. I have until Friday to take it, and I'm going to have to prevail upon my mom to take D for a couple hours so I can go to the college and take the test. My only class that doesn't do the secure online testing... he only does tests in the testing center in the library. Makes it a total PITA since WingNut has work then class and has a new crop of students starting at the same time that I'll be waking up in the morning!

If I count today (Tuesday) since it's barely started, five more days until my legal one year anniversary! WingNut and I were married legally on October 16th, 2003. Our handfasting and reception was on June 12th, 2004. Right now we're going to celebrate the first between the two of us, and the second with our families/friends. It should be fun! We scored tickets to an Indy car race at Texas Motor Speedway for free for this weekend... if we can swing the finances for a road trip we may go there. If we can't, Mom's going to take D for the weekend.

Enough rambling. I'm off...

Laters~

FaerieLady posted at 10:46 PM

2 Speak to the Faerie Queen

2 Comments:

Good luck on the house hunting! And congrats on the technical, legal anniversary in a few days *g*!!

And I'm as geek as you are. Shall we celebrate with a rousing game of something online? LOL

By Blogger Lynnette, at 2:07 PM  

Happy early anniversary! Enjoy the househunting, as much as possible, anyway. I hated looking a condos before finding the one I have. Totally worth it, though.

Emily
http://stitchcounter.typepad.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment