alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Friday, October 29, 2004

Picture Heavy Post...

Ok, this post is going to be *very* picture heavy. My mail has been full, and I haven’t really had time to sit down and post. I’ve been keeping up with blogs (in a roundabout sort of way) but I haven’t actually sat down and thought about posting. I know it’s mostly because I have two exams next week… ack! But here are some things definitely worth posting.


Secret Pal 3 Strikes!


Isn’t this awesome? She mailed me Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Knitting Without Tears. I’ve already read the first half of it, and I really like this woman’s style! Thank you so much SPIII!






RAOK from Patti!
Patti from 2BoysMomma sent me this lovely card… I admit to gales of laughter upon the sight of a rabbit with stripes… it doesn’t so much look like a zebra as it does a bunny in jail! Poor bunny  Isn’t it so cute?? Thanks Patti!





This RAOK is from Lynn at Iwasknittogetherinmymotherswomb. She is such an enabler, feeding my felted bag habit! Here is a pattern of the Tote Around, a purse that’s actually round! Wow! I love this pattern. Included are two little Gund sproingy toes, a witch and a black cat for D to play with! How cute! She loves them by the way… right now, they are suction cupped to her desk, and she spends every fifteen to twenty minutes poinging them so they’ll jiggle around… too cute!








This card almost made me cry… From Alyx at String Theory, … the card says “May your life be crowded with unexpected joys” (h. Jackson brown jr.), and inside the card she wrote a very sweet note to me. She included a magnet that she found that says “No Act of Kindness, No matter how small, is ever wasted.” –Aesop. Alyx, this card and magnet will forever occupy a prime spot on my refrigerator. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart.





I finally, *finally*, finished the novelty scarf. Here I am, modeling it. This is the scarf that I started then stopped and started another project. Yet again, I saw the reason for my “one project at a time” rule… it took me 3 weeks to finish it because I tend to “obsess” about my current project at the time and want it DONE as fast (or as soon, whatever you want to say) as possible. Therefore, this poor little novelty scarf never seemed to be worked on. However, I finished it last night, in order to clear my conscious. Why? Because I need to start other projects, of course!





This is my Thursday stash enhancement experience. Yes, I had SEX in the yarn store. (grin) Not really, but those who’ve been doing this awhile know what I mean. Pictured here is two skeins of Berroco Quest, one in solid blue (looks like cobalt) and one in a blue/gold/green variegated, and one skein of Berroco Lavish. The Lavish and the blue Quest will be knit together on size 13 or 15 US needles in a drop stitch scarf pattern. Carol at the Yarn Studio had one, and it’s quite beautiful. Keep in mind, I hate to knit novelty scarves, because I get bored with them. However, these skeins are so soft and beautiful that I will probably keep on truckin’ with them because I want to feel the finished projects. Oh, the variegated Quest will be another novelty scarf, just another one that I haven’t figured out what I’m going to do with it.



A little stash enhancement


FaerieLady posted at 7:48 PM

6 Speak to the Faerie Queen

6 Comments:

Glad you like the book. It is one that I use often. Knit well! Great stash, stuff, too!

By Blogger secretpal, at 9:23 PM  

I love the scarf, looks great on you!

By Blogger Stinkerbell, at 6:01 AM  

Kae, I'm so glad you enjoyed your surprise! I can't wait to see it worked up one day...also glad you let your DD play with the toys instead of keeping them to yourself! Trick or Treat!
Lynne

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

I'm really glad you liked my gift as well. I went into my favorite store in town and saw the magnet and knew it was for you. Then when I came across the card, well they were born to be together, weren't they.

I hope you have a good Halloween.

Alyx
http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 PM  

Hey Kae-

Is the Lavish the same as Quest only in a varigated color scheme? I've not seen it before, but it is sure pretty in your picture.

I *LOVE* Quest-knits so nice and still has that furry feel.

Jennifer

By Blogger The Rocket Scientist, at 10:02 AM  

Oops, that last comment is really me...

Jennifer
itisrocketscience.typepad.com

By Blogger The Rocket Scientist, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment