alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

What do you say if there's nothing going on?

I know that I'm not the only one to think this... I mean, I really don't have much to say. I'm sure if I write it all out, I will have had *tons* to say, but none of it is worth the time it's taking me to type it out. So I won't inflict that on anyone... besides, in some cases misery doesn't like company. I'm not miserable, and I'm not aiming at boring other people... isn't that sweet?

Oh, here's the icing on the shit sundae right now... I, one of the very lucky citizens of Oklahoma County, have received a notice in the mail from the Oklahoma County Circuit Court.

I have jury duty. November 1st. I'm required to show up for five days. Hrm. I wonder how long they're going to want me there before they realize that I don't make a good candidate for a juror? Let me list the ways... I'm the daughter of a felon. (long story, dad did something really stupid when he was young and drunk). I'm Pagan. I believe in the capital punishment in certain extreme cases. I'm a feminist. They called up my sister about 4 years ago and let her go after the second day because no attorney wanted her on their juries, and she was only two of the above (capital punishment, daughter of a felon).

This should be hilarious.

Knitting post to follow some other time.

Laters...

FaerieLady posted at 3:51 PM

3 Speak to the Faerie Queen

3 Comments:

They never want me on jury duty. My gramp is an international jewel thief. I never met him and don't know anything other then that about him.

By Blogger Danielle, at 5:01 PM  

I've been on 3 juries; what an amazing experience. Reassured me that justice really does prevail. I wish being a juror could be a career; I'd love to do it for a living. Good luck with your jury duty...you might be surprised.
Sharon (Knitknacks)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

my mother always just tells them that she thinks the f'ers should burn in hell and die.

they let her go right away.

By Blogger Suzanne, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment