alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Sunday, November 07, 2004

And the Universe Laughed...

I knitted a bit tonight... started the Multidirectional Scarf in the silk garden that I bought. I do have to say that I hope it does soften after getting wet, because this stuff isn't nearly what I thought it would be considering all the hype about it.

And the knitting goddess snickered at my commentary about it.

I was sooo proud of what I got done, because this was my first time with SSK or SKP (since its our choice, I tried it both ways and used the one I liked better). I even showed KnitSteph.

And the knitting goddess broke into hysterical laughter.

Then I started the 3rd short row sequence on the wrong end. Oh, did I mention I didn't catch it until I was halfway through the sequence?.

The knitting goddess wiped the tears of joy from her cheeks as I attempted to frog back to where I made the mistake.

So I got up and ate a jello shot. Came back, and frogged it back to the beginning and rewound the ball.

Maybe when the knitting goddess is done playing practical jokes, I'll try again.

FaerieLady posted at 10:09 PM

3 Speak to the Faerie Queen

3 Comments:

It's not just you. I have started over on the first of a pair of wristwarmers *4* times now. Nothing requiring brains...Alpaca yarn, size 2 needles, 2x2 rib. You'd think it was rocket science or something. Now the knitting with 2 rows done is sitting here by the computer. One of the set of 4 size 2 vintage Balene-type dpn's has simply *vanished*. And it's never been anywhere except right here by the computer.

Ann

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  

Isn't SG icky? I hate it. I did switch yarns for your pressie. I switched to my favorite, Noro Cash Iroha. I hope that you will like it. I just really don't want to wind all that laceweight merino :) Hugs and have a good day.

Brit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  

The elegant gauntlets take two hanks of Koigu. One per gauntlet with a little left over, at least the length I made. It was easier to make than I thought it would be and I really enjoyed knitting it. I can knit it while walking around chasing after the kids. I used the magic loop method.

I've never used silk garden but I do love that red and pink color.

Alyx
http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment