alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Boredom or Apathy?

I'm not quite sure which one has set in. I'm just bored with what I'm doing, but I don't want to start anything else. I know I need to get stuff done... I have an essay and quiz in English and an exam in American Federal Government, but I know the material pretty well and see no reason to beat myself about it.

What's on the needles? A multidirectional scarf in Noro Silk Garden. Picture in previous entry. It takes me an hour to do each of the sections (the big triangles) because I am a slow knitter.

What's on the hook? A huge afghan for WingNut. Already 6 skeins into it, and still have 14 left to go. More if it isn't long enough.

What was done tonight? I went to Knit Night at Gourmet Yarns. I talked to one of the owners, she's an absolute doll. Found out that she and the other lady started out as part-time help at Linen Sisters in OKC (the one crafty store that I hate to go into... that's where I bought the silk garden and the owner followed me around and actually asked me while I was holding the silk garden if I was going to buy it). While I was there, I splurged just a little (under $10) and bought a set of bamboo #1 DPNs for socks. I have told everyone in my family that I'm going to try each method of making socks (dpns, two circs, magic loop) and decide which one I like best. So I have 2 Addi turbos in size 3 (can't remember the length), another Addi turbo size 3 that's 47 inches, and size 1 and 2 dpns (the 1s are a set of five, the 2s a set of four). I have enough sock yarn to make 10 pairs of socks. I should be able to try each way and figure out which way I like better.

Ok enough mindless blathering... there's no pictures tonight because there's nothing new to report *and* because WingNut did something to his computer and had to format/reload and he hasn't reset the network hookups (and the pictures folder is on his computer, thank goodness we back it up frequently).

Laters...

FaerieLady posted at 8:25 PM

0 Speak to the Faerie Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment