alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Friday, November 12, 2004

It's 1 a.m.... what are *you* up to?

Me? I'm up to no good. I mean seriously, why else would I still be awake at 1 a.m.? It was a long day, but it was a *good* day. WingNut managed to stay awake and fix his computer (and promptly contracted another virus, which by the way we have *three* anti-virus programs on his computer and he STILL gets infected... however this one was fixable without a wipe/reload), however we did find out that the dvd backup of the pictures file was a "bad burn" that we didn't test prior to the wipe. (shrug) We lost a couple important pictures (D at halloween) that I can get from the people that I sent them too, but other than that it was just my project pictures. Most of those I can get from where I uploaded them (hello and photobucket) so it's no great loss.

**RAOK** from someone not in the webring... this act of kindness took me completely by surprise! I went out to get D from pre-K and came home to a box sitting on my chair. WingNut got it from the post guy. It was for me... but I hadn't ordered anything, and neither had he. Especially not from Journey Wheel (Sheila and Jonathon Bosworth). Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and inside was a brand new *spindle*! It's a Bosworth Maxi with what I believe is a walnut shaft and and what she says is a paduak wood whorl (which is absolutely gorgeous!), and of COURSE I had to try it... spins like a dream! I adore this spindle :-) Pictures to come tomorrow, when I have the brains to *find* where WingNut put the camera.

Btw, no beating da Kae for the overuse of the parentheses.

Other stuff... 3 more big triangle repeats and the closing repeat left on the multidirectional scarf.

Next on needles... my sister Cyndi's poncho. Gods, I've put that one off... it's a beautiful yarn but it's an eyelash, Erdal eyelash in fuschia. I'm going to use the Harlot poncho pattern, but because of the eyelash, I'm going to increase one instead of yarn over. It's already going to be holey, let's not make it look like I deliberately perpetuated a mistake, ok? I have 2 weeks to complete this. Great good Gods I hope I can do this in time. If not, she's gonna beat me. Well, not really, but it would be nice to get her poncho to her while she's visiting over Thanksgiving weekend.

Last Secret Pal 2 Pressie arrived!

Karen at KnitNPurlDiva sent me a book called "Hip Knits, 65 Easy Projects from Hot Designers". This book looks very interesting, with several patterns already making it to my "to be done in the future" list. Thanks Karen! I really like it :-)

Well I need to try to get some sleep. Just because I can't sleep doesn't mean that D can't, and she'll be up, bright eyed and bushy tailed waaayyy to early in the morning.

Laters...

FaerieLady posted at 11:03 PM

1 Speak to the Faerie Queen

1 Comments:

hi there! I got the clay at a healthfood store and I grow the comfrey. If you have trouble finding them let me know I can send some your way.

By Blogger Deb, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment