alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

RAOKs and Ode to Mohair

First and foremost, the two RAOKs that brightened my weekend :-)

Anne P. sent me this wonderful little spindle and some gray mohair (I forgot to take a picture… bad me!). Isn’t it soooo adorable and sweet? I love it! Thanks Anne… *hugs*


Spindle from Annie P... Isn't it adorable?!?

Jean from The Scottish Lamb sent me these tiny little flower stitch markers… how’d she know I needed small ones?? Thanks so much Jean, I really like them!

They're so cute and tiny!

Ahhh mohair, how can you be like this to me? I love your fuzziness, your color and lightness of weight. I love your warmth! But please… enough is enough!

I love you, m’dear mohair… however I don’t like your fuzziness up my nose, nor your spread into my coffee… nor do I like your desire to take over the world through the smothering shed that you insist on doing.

However, my wonderful mohair, I have bested thee… and you have conformed to my will!

Check out the mohair stole, done down to the fringe. Yes, I fringed one of the two long sides as well as the two short sides. Believe me, it looks better that way, and I think the recipient, my sister C, will enjoy the hell out of it. Specs, 3 1/2 skeins Di.Ve mohair kiss ombre, 98 yards per 50 gram skein. 73% mohair, 22% wool, 5% nylon polyamide.


Ode to Mohair...

FaerieLady posted at 3:58 PM

3 Speak to the Faerie Queen

3 Comments:

Happy Thanksgivig to you! May it be one of the best!

By Blogger secretpal, at 8:02 AM  

Cool presents!! Your stole is beautiful...lucky sis!

By Blogger Karen, at 4:17 PM  

Beautiful mohair stole. I'm sure your sister will love it. What wonderful RAOKs. I love those stitch markers.

By Blogger eyeleen, at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment