alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Various Ramblings From A Crazed Mind

I know it's been a couple days since I blogged, but the reasons are varied and inconsequential, so I'm not going to bore you with them here. It's just not worth the effort to write, ya know?

Pictures will be on the post following this one, when I get them resized. They're on the camera... but they aren't on the computer yet. Lazy Kae, that's my new name :-)

I didn't end up taking my Government test when I was going to. My government instructor and I aren't getting along... actually that's a mild way of putting it. I ended up forwarding some of his "personal" emails to me to the dean of the department, and I have to take my tests and submit my assignments at the learning resource center in the college library for grading. However, I received an email from the dean letting me know that the answer key for the test was wrong and to wait until at least today after noon to take the test. That leaves me taking the test tomorrow while D is in pre-K. There goes my three hours of peace and quiet... LoL It's worth it though. I'm just glad the mistakes on the answer key were found prior to me taking the test. Otherwise I would be sitting here bawling over a bad grade... lol. Currently I'm maintaining a perfect score in that class. Let's not have it all jacked up over nothing!

Knitting progress... sister Cyndi's poncho is almost done, on the 3rd skein of Erdal. I'm going to have to pick up the stitches around the neckline and knit up a little, then K2Tog around, knit up a bit, and see what the opening looks like then. This stuff stretches. Badly. Doesn't help any that it's heavy as hell either!

Sister Amanda's scarf (drop stitch mohair scarf) is almost done as well. See, this is why I don't work on two projects at once. Either one or the other would be already finished if I didn't keep putting one down and picking the other up.

After this is the mittenettes for Brit. I've changed the yarn choice around since the Colinette Mohair that I was going to use knit up scratchy. Ugh. Something much softer is called for. I think I know what I'm going to use. I'm not going to jinx myself and reveal it here.

After the mittenettes will be my very first pair of socks. I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures that way people will be able to see my pull my hair out. :-)

Other random mumblings...

Ok, I understand why some people get pissy about other people knitting scarves. I don't have a single problem with it unless you've knit nothing but scarves, 200 + scarves, out of novelty yarn for the past 2-3 years. I use scarves as a learning tool. I learned how to do short rows and wraps on a scarf. I've got a scarf lined up to learn cables on. So on and so forth. See, scarves are cheap. They also give me the opportunity to knit yarns I've never used before to see if I like the finished feel of the yarn, and whether or not I believe I can justify the per skein cost of said yarn. I can justify two skeins a lot faster than I can justify 10. Maybe this isn't cool to some of you, but it's my blog and my choice to knit the scarves. You don't have to watch if you don't want to. I promise, I will not self-destruct!

Must get crackin' on the photo post...



FaerieLady posted at 11:28 AM

0 Speak to the Faerie Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment