alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Welcome to Chez Pfohl... don't forget to wear your masks!

Right now there are two sick people in the house, and those would be myself and D. D's is more serious (at least to my eyes!), an ear infection and an up-down wonky temperature to go with it. Antibiotics *don't* really help ear infections... they only sterilize the fluid behind the ear. Your ear still has to drain the fluid. Hence the back to back ear infections people have experienced with their children... the sterilized fluid didn't drain, and something got in there and re-infected the fluid.

Right now D is taking decongestants and antihistimines and a drop in each each every 3-4 hours with numbs the ear canal/ear drum, which causes the pain to stop. This means that she feels *tons* better, thank ye very much! She has a follow up appointment in about 1 1/2 hours, which means I've really got to get up and get ready.

Me? Typical end of the semester letdown. KnitSteph reminded me of it... studying, working, anxiety, etc etc... then take the tests and the balloon bursts because you're done. Grades or not, the finals are taken and there's nothing more to worry about, either you did it or you didn't. Since taking my last big final yesterday, I've had a temperature, lightheadedness, and severe drainage. The drainage I'm used to... winter is my allergy season in Oklahoma. However, it's roughing up the back of my throat and causing my face and teeth to hurt, so I'm just takin' it easy.

Oh, by the way... ending grades have been computed in 3 out of 4 of my classes. I have A's in Psychology, Government, and Ancient & Medieval Civilizations. Still waiting on my English professor to grade the final essay so I know what I made in that class. With 150 outstanding points left, that essay (which is worth that 150 points) could literally change my letter grade. (crosses fingers that the essay does alright)

FaerieLady posted at 11:17 AM

4 Speak to the Faerie Queen

4 Comments:

Good thoughts for your grades! I have every faith that you did well.
Stay well and may the rest of your Holidays be Merry!

By Blogger margene, at 11:11 AM  

Ohhh, that end-of-semester thing . . . I remember it well. I used to get a horrible migraine (is there any other kind, really?) the day after my last final was over.

Good job on the classes this term -- hope the last one comes in likewise!

By Blogger Chris, at 12:58 PM  

The end of the semester always seems like a big balloon that popped. You have time to just flip chanels with out purpose. I hope you ickyness and D's goes aways soon so you can enjoy vacation.

By Blogger Danielle, at 3:22 PM  

Wheee! All those A grades! You glow, girl! Those last 150 points will be a breeze :-)
xoxo
lisa, mike, jack, and della, all smelling green!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment