alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Friday, January 07, 2005

A lot of no content...

Well, it’s been a week since I typed anything that even remotely sounded worthwhile to post on my blog. I just don’t seem to have the witty repartee in my brain going on yet, and therefore anything that I write comes out sounding childishly connected (grammar? Punctuation? Mechanics? What in the great bloody hells is *that*?) So instead I’ve been taking the easy way out… reading blogs, viewing pictures, and not saying a damned word to anybody about anything. Well, unless you’re unlucky enough to be online and on my buddy list when something spectacularly stupid has happened… which has happened recently. (shakes head)

Oh, an amusing little story… and it starts out like this. I sold my coat to a bartender in Chicago. Yes, yes I did. Interesting, eh? Well, she wanted it so badly for a New Year’s Eve party and after three screwdrivers (and a free birthday shot, awesome bartender), she convinced me to sell her my jacket. Didn’t bother me… I had another one (a leather jacket that Jenger gave me), but I tried to tell her I didn’t want more for it than I paid for it. I found it on the clearance rack at Burlington Coat Factory in OKC for $20. There were a ton of them there, and I figured if I wanted another one, I’d go back. However, she was convinced that I needed to take the “extra” because I saved her time, gas, and the hassle of Chicago traffic because she would have had to go to the mall during the after Christmas – pre New Years sales and closeouts. After a little while, I shut up and took her money, and gave her my jacket. She gave me a free Makers Mark jacket that she got a while back that she never wore. That sucker is warm! Just an interesting little story about what happens when people take me on vacation… LoL

On the yarn front, I haven’t really done much in the way of anything new. I started and finished my 2 year old niece’s hat (picture taken, will post eventually) and have been working like a madwoman on WingNut’s blanket. It’s approximately 18 inches wide by 110 inches long. It takes a hour to complete 3 rows. (shakes head). That’s about all I’ve been working on. It’s not portable though, and I think I need a portable project. Hrm.

Well I have to go… I’m going to try to blog more regularly. I miss y’all.

Laters…

FaerieLady posted at 11:04 AM

2 Speak to the Faerie Queen

2 Comments:

We miss you, too and hope you are doing well. Glad you're back and had a good time.

By Blogger margene, at 12:17 PM  

That coat story is so insane, yet, deliriously cool. Glad you're back to posting; I missed reading your blog :)

By Blogger Lisa, at 3:58 AM  

Post a Comment