alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Timing is everything & random commentary

Timing is everything, isn’t it?

Well, at least I *thought* it was… you know, like the timing of saying “hey hon, by the way one of my students needs help with his taxes so he’ll be coming over in the morning after work and I’m going to help him”.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind at all. He needs help with his taxes? Bring him over… we have the computers (three of them, and they all work and are all networked), we have cable modem, we have the programs, and we already filed our taxes this year. No big deal.

However…

My house is a *pit*. For me, this is absolute shambles. Now those that know me are probably snorting back laughter by now, because they know my definition of a dirty house. Mind you, I don’t *care* what your house looks like. That’s up to you, and I’ll be happy there no matter what the surroundings (although if you have mold, I will be on allergy medication and probably wheezing). I don’t make comments about other peoples’ houses unless they are unsafe enough that I don’t feel comfortable bringing my child. There are only two people I know who have houses like that, and they are beyond gross. Let us not go into that though… that’s not what you want to read, now is it?

So here I am at midnight cleaning my house. Thank the Gods and Goddesses that D sleeps through everything, because in a few minutes I’m going to be running the vacuum cleaner. The bathroom is clean, the futon is cleared most of the way off (it’s the storage space for the blankets people use to cuddle under should it get cold… throw blankets, that’s what they’re called), the floor in the computer room is picked up, the table in the kitchen is cleared, the coffee table is cleared, the dishes are soaking before I wash them (yes, I wash the dishes before they go in the dishwasher), the timer on the coffee is set and the countertops have been cleaned. That leaves vacuuming and taking out the trash. I don’t dust, that’s WingNut’s job.

Oh, and they can forget about me cleaning my desk. I do that once a month, max, and dammit it’s the only place I feel comfortable being a slob. For most anal retentive Capricorns, the “slob zone” is a closet. I can’t stand a dirty closet, but my desk is my “zone”. I deal with it quite nicely, thank you very much, and everyone else can too.

Oh, the green and black cashmerino mittenettes are done. All I need is an address of the person they go to and they will be off, winging their way across the United States. Sorry guys, not a RAOK… it’s a trade with a friend that I’m overdue on paying up.

Still haven’t swatched Eloise… but I did cast on for a bigger felted bag out of purple Cascade 220 Quattro that’s been ripening in my stash. The bottom is done, and I’m building up the sides. I might order some beaded handles for this one a la Norma, but I haven’t decided yet. I like my Booga Bag, but it’s just not thick enough/sturdy enough for me. I need something firmer. I’m knitting this bag on 10 1/2s with a double strand of Quattro. I might need another skein (split into two balls and knit double stranded).

Thanks for all the comments on the sleeves… I did the math and Mariah will have long enough sleeves. I must have miscalculated the first time (yes, even nerds make math mistakes!). I will have to lengthen Eloise, but Butterfly and Rogue won’t be a problem. I’d rather fold a sleeve up because it’s too long than to not wear what I made because I can’t stand the short sleeve!

Arielle, I would be interested in reading your blog if you have one, but I didn’t have an email address to respond too and your blogger profile is private.

Danielle, honey I’ve always been a nerd. You should see my school pictures. Scary, I tell ya! Believe me, I saw the book on your blog, you’ll be a nerd in no time flat! Just carry that thing to an café where there’s net access and coffee, and they’ll flock to you!

Oh guys, it was Caroline at FiberTribe who sent the wonderful Rowan Babies book! Thanks again Caroline… I think I found D the perfect sweater in there… and I think I already have the yarn too!

Considering the size of this post, I’ve decided to take and post pictures tomorrow of the completed cashmerino mittenettes, the start of the purple bag, and I might even post a picture of a new project that I’m thinking about starting. Shush… don’t tell anyone that I might be breaking my "one-project-at-a-time" rule… I don’t want to screw up and not finish my purple bag because I get carried away on the new project!

Laters…

FaerieLady posted at 11:16 PM

3 Speak to the Faerie Queen

3 Comments:

You're welcome, chiquita! You were just such a super SP hostess despite the snark that was flying... Can't wait to see what you come up with for D...
all the best,
caroline

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 AM  

If I had that cleaning gene, I'd never have time to knit!!!

By Blogger Bethany, at 3:34 AM  

Gah...must have been having a blonde moment? LOL! Anywho, the main blog is at http://ari.greenwitch.us and the knitting blog is at http://ari.greenwitch.us/knitting/

yes, I have two of them, I'm very tidy with my computer files and such, but horribly disorganized with everything else..although I know where everything else, it's everyone else that has a problem with it! LOL! As opposed to you, the house can go to pot, but the desk must be organized.

By Blogger Arielle, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment