alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Just another boring post...

I’m not busy… honestly; I’m in a kind of holding pattern. My job search is scheduled to begin after I get my hair cut/styled on Saturday. Well, and get my teeth cleaned and fillings on Monday. This is mostly because I can’t (and won’t) go looking for a job without looking my best. It’s just not possible for me. Besides, who trusts a sloppy pharmacy and medication technician? It’s not professional. No matter where I work, my ability to look professional reflects upon me as a person and the office/clinic/warehouse that I work. If a person is willing to hire someone who doesn’t at least take some kind of interest in how they appear, then they are expecting a shoddy person and I don’t want to work there. It’s amazing how it all works out.

But anyway… what’s on my needles

A new knitting bag! Pictures will be forthcoming… when I take them, that is. 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Quattro in color number 9347 (Purple Tweed) knitted together, will take a total of 3 skeins. The third skein is wound into a ball and then rewound into two balls, using a gram scale to divide the yarn as evenly as possible. This one will have a knitted handle and flap closure as long as everything works out ok. It’s taking so long only because it is miles and miles of endless repetitive stockinette stitch. So I get bored… shoot me! Oh, the reason for the bag is simple… I want it to look enough like a purse that people don’t question me, but it will be big enough to hold my wallet and a current small portable knitting project. Shhhhh! Don’t let my secret out, that I’ve taken to knitting two projects at once instead of just one!

Just cast on: the purple mosaic Opal sock yarn from Danielle. I bought another set of U.S. size 1 dpns in order to knit both socks at the same time (ten row increments, swapping socks) in order to provide me with the closest possible length match without having to worry about frogging. I haven’t figured out how to rip on circulars or dpns without losing stitches, and I hate tinking back more than a row or two. Didya see that? Socks! For me!

I’m fighting not to start one of the stashed sweater projects. I can’t do it right now… it just wouldn’t be right, considering how long it takes me to make anything. However, I told myself that when I finish *my socks* I will be casting on for either Butterfly or Eloise. I’m going to wait on Mariah for a while, probably until I can justify the cost of stashing for Rogue. I didn’t buy the yarn that I wanted to buy for Rogue because I had one of my weird feelings, and sure enough the money ended up being necessary for something else. I would love to have the yarn for Rogue (and it would only cost about $25 from Knitpicks) but in order to search for a job to provide play money/debt reduction (paying off my old student loan from 5 years ago and the S-10) I needed the haircut and style more than I could justify the cost of Rogue. Maybe next month… I’m trying to be optimistic. Is it working? LoL Besides, I just thought about this, but maybe working on Mariah first will help me with working on Rogue. Mariah has more “body cabling”, but Rogue’s hood and the grafting required actually kinda intimidate me. I’m sure that won’t last once I start it (I’m like a dog with a bone) but it’s just a thought.

Warning… cussing content ahead, the easily offended shouldn’t read!

I’m dying here… I thought this was hilariously funny (in my own twisted kind of way). Whether or not you agree, well that’s your issue, not mine. I just wanted to post it here… before I fell out of my chair.

I am 62% Asshole/Bitch.
Sort of Assholy or Bitchy!
I am abrasive, some people really hate me, but there may be a group of other tight knit assholes and bitches that I can hang out with and get me. Everybody else? Fuck ‘em.
Take the
Asshole/Bitch Test
@ FualiDotCom

FaerieLady posted at 9:48 PM

3 Speak to the Faerie Queen

3 Comments:

Well that's buggered it apparently I'm a target! And I thought I had the market cornered!

By Blogger Tracy, at 11:01 AM  

Well that's buggered it apparently I'm a target! And I thought I had the market cornered!

By Blogger Tracy, at 11:02 AM  

I love that. I think I'm right there with you, although 62% seems a bit low, kinda. Hee! -- Norma (http://nownormaknits2.typepad.com)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment