alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Just a tad grumpy

Just grumpy… that’s my problem.

I’m hot. I’m sweaty. I almost got my ass kicked by a tape, however I did persevere and survive. I left my sock knitting project at the salon (thankfully Jenger was able to get it for me). I am just getting my moods back in order. I need a shower. Oh, and I’m broke.

I just haven’t had the most awesome of weeks. Monday morning, I went to the dentist and found out that I need a crown ($350 dollars, and that’s my co-pay), a couple fillings, and to have my front teeth (which are enameled because I had buck teeth) rebuilt in the back due to natural wear and tear. The good news is other than the crown, the out of pocket expense for the next three weeks worth of dental appointments will only be about $170 (20% is all I pay for “normal maintenance”). However, I need braces. Oh yes… I have a baby tooth still, baby tooth C, which is a canine. The adult tooth is impacted above baby tooth C, which is why I haven’t lost said baby tooth. Well, the baby tooth is finally breaking down, after 20+ years of being in residence. It lasted many years past its supposed “due date”. I guess I should have expected it. However, when the problem was brought up when I was fourteen and had *excellent* orthodontic insurance through my mom, the dentist told her (mom) that this wouldn’t cause me any problems and that we should just let it go. We trusted the dentist, and now here I am at age 25 and now it needs to be fixed… *and U.S. Concordia Dental doesn’t cover orthodontics past $1200 a year*. Because of all the other work I need to get done is eating that 1200, the cost of the braces and the oral surgery necessary to remove the baby canine and the slice & dice to get the bracket on the impacted canine has to be paid out of pocket. $3000 alone for the braces. That doesn’t cover the oral surgery, the orthodontist visits, maintenance, etc. Total estimated cost right now is around 5000K. I have no idea how we’re going to afford this. Even WingNut is stumped. The only option that we have is to hope that the baby canine stays in place and doesn’t “buckle” before I can get a job with orthodontic insurance. Oh, and don’t mention making payments. There are very few dentists that take unless forced (i.e. dental ERs), and I’ve already checked out the ones that do and they aren’t taking new patients. (sigh)

Other than that rant, which leads me into this one, I don’t have much going on. I want to knit socks. My current socks, with my only sets of U.S. size 1 needles, are at Jenger’s house. I don’t have any other dpns to start socks on. I was planning on getting another two sets (I wanted to work the socks at the same time) today, however yesterday I got an unpleasant surprise when I started up the truck. Seems that WingNut used the vast majority of the gas in the tank when he helped some friends move, and no gas was put in the truck to replace it. I’m not blaming him at all… I forget to put gas in the tank too sometimes. However, he was at work and instead of using the main account to get gas for the truck, I had to use my personal account. This doesn’t sound like a problem, except there was only $40 in the account to begin with. Why, oh why… it just rains small shit. The stuff that makes you want to scream, because it’s just thing after small thing, like water torture, drop after drop. I hate asking to use the regular account to buy knitting stuff… I know that some people will understand and some won’t. It just *bugs me*. That money is for *us*, the money in my account is for me. (sigh)

So anyway, now that I’ve been a total bitch, I want to thank everyone who complimented me on my new hairdo. Yes, I know it’s a bit extreme, the change from one style to another, however my sister is a cosmetologist and I’m used to extreme changes. I went from having waist length hair to having a 2 inch spiked cut with dyed tips once. It’s also been every color you can think of at one time or another. WingNut seems to think my hair is now a play toy… he likes to play with the curls. One of his students asked why I was making myself “more beautiful” because I “don’t have anybody to impress” because I’m already married. I told him that he was digging himself a hole. I’m glad that it looks decent though. I may not be model beautiful, but I’m too big a bitch to make a decent model anyway. Oh, and I’m very short. LoL

I’m going to go to bed now… hopefully tomorrow I’ll wake up on the *right* side of the bed.

FaerieLady posted at 9:12 AM

5 Speak to the Faerie Queen

5 Comments:

I know it has been a rough week, but here is a virtual martini to the hump day and the week getting better for all! (and hoping it carries over to next week)

By Blogger Stinkerbell, at 5:56 AM  

Sorry to hear about your dental woes. Aren't they the pits? But on the plus side, your hair is going to look beautiful while sitting in the chair . . . Just remember to show off the smile--that's what all the work is really for! (Well, that and chewing...)

By Blogger --Deb, at 6:40 AM  

Kae,
I'm so sorry you're having such a lousey week! Here's a cyberHUG!!
Noreen

By Blogger NKTN, at 11:31 AM  

All I can say is 1)I understand 2)in the same boat 3)AMEN

By Blogger RayneB, at 3:06 PM  

Just saw the new haircut and Wowie, wow, wow! It looks great!

As for your needle woes, I have discovered that I'm not a dpn sock knitter (I prefer two circs), so I'd be happy to send you my dpns! Do you have a size preference? I *think* they're size 3 (or 2 maybe?), but I'd have to check.

Nancy
http://goteweinstitches.blogspot.com

By Blogger Nancy, at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment