alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Friday, April 01, 2005

As the World Turns..

Yeah, as you can probably tell, I'm rather strapped for post titles. I'm sure I'm gonna be forgiven, at least this time... right?? If not, puh-LEAZE don't tell me that. I'm having way too much fun at this time in the morning... and I've been awake for a couple hours. Why? Because I crashed and burned at 7pm when the entire block lost power. (giggle) Figured, why not?

Oh it's been an interesting time as of late... for those who care about body mods (body modification, specifically tattoo's and piercings), I got the next two on my list. I'm almost done with that... I want a navel piercing one of these days, but it's not terribly important and I want to wait until I have a little more definition, instead of just bones. Ahhhh yes, da Kae has lost some serious weight. I'm not anorexic, and I will gladly trade someone to get about 15 pounds of that lost weight back. Any takers?

Anyway, life around here has been a whirlwind. Hard to believe that the puppies are almost five weeks old, isn't it? (counts days just to make sure). They are currently out in the kennel, happy and healthy and bouncing around. They've all had their preliminary temperment test... rated for what kind of environment that they will do well in. This will most likely be my last litter of puppies. I don't think I can handle this anymore! I would like to have a life again that doesn't involve puppy poo. Forgive me for saying that, but anyone who has ever handled and socialized a litter of puppies will understand completely!

Major changes are in the works here... the first of which starts Monday April 4th. D starts *daycare* and has been enrolled in a private pre-K program at said establishment. I've spent the past two weeks checking around the daycares on this side of town, and found one with a complete GEM of a teacher in the pre-K program who's been teaching children (degree'd and state licensed teacher) for 18 years. The major reason why D is starting daycare is....

Kae is going back to school. Full time, 4 classes a day, five days a week, for 7 months, starting April 11th and graduating on November 4th. The classes are approximately 5 weeks long (accelerated), and after the five weeks I get a brand new set of 4 courses. At the end of the madman's rush... a national certification exam for Medical Insurance and Coding. Ahhhh yes, Kae is moving *out* of the patient/nurse/tech side of the medical field and into the paperwork side. Why? Because as long as there are people, there will be sick people. As long as there are sick people, they will see doctors, who want to get PAID, and in order to get paid they have to submit insurance billing paperwork. Bush's grand new Medicare/Medicaid bill requires nationally certified professional coders at every location where a medicare/medicaid patient would receive treatment. A national license will allow me to be able to move outside of this Godsforsaken state and still be able to have a JOB. Bush's medicare/medicaid bill cost me my previous job field. It is only fitting that it made a new niche for me to crawl into, isn't it?

My parents are totally cool. Oh, that sounds like I'm about fifteen instead of twenty five, now doesn't it? Lemme explain...

When my power supply fried, my dad replaced it. He had a brand new one, 400 watt ATX. I was given the third degree about power outages, etc etc etc. Seriously though, one of those backup things (big battery backups, go under your desk) cost more bux than I could justify all at one point in time, considering I don't HAVE those kinds of bux to throw around. So, my parents show up on the pretense of "playing with the puppies"... with an UPS. *blink blink*. Ok, now my main computer (the hyperventilating desktop that now has issues... I think the jolt to the power supply made have "leaked" over and whopped the motherboard) and the laptop are now plugged into an UPS. Talk about in the nick of time too... last night's power surge took down the entire BLOCK. Wow. Anyway.

More later... just realized what time it is and that the puppies need to be fed...

FaerieLady posted at 3:33 AM

3 Speak to the Faerie Queen

3 Comments:

Wow. Your parents are supercool... How very sweet. Really! Nice to have an electronic gift that should save you some cursing and pain. Very considerate of them!

And Kae, I have the most hectic quarter but just seeing your plans for your quarter... Ah, you made me feel so much better and yet like a wimpy underachiever again (not in comparison, just in awe and a "why can't I do that?" quick sidethought. Every person is different after all) ;) Then again, I can't take your levels of stress. Are you nuts?! Ok, you're not, 'cause you can pull it off, but oh wow. Don't forget to schedule in "life" and "knitting" on your color coded calendar.

Nice to see people striving to reach their full potential, though. So very heartening when some of my fellow-students won't even take the effort to review their midterms. Put some effort into it, people! Right?

Best of Luck for the coming academic frenzy. And remember, sanity means taking some time out to smell the yarn. Or something like that ;)

By Blogger Freecia, at 10:01 AM  

any pics of the ink or piercings? i'm getting a new tattoo, goddess willing, next week! my cousin's a pro. and, i'm seriously jonesing for a new piercing... which means that cant be far behind either. i'll post pics when i have new ones :)

good luck!

By Blogger alice, at 2:53 PM  

ok one OUCH on the poking sharp pointy things through yourself intentionally...

I have about 8 lbs of mine you can have (to put me back at normal weight) so lets set up an exchange :)

And if I get to the post office you have goodies comming, after all this puppy stuff and going back to school FT not to mention being so god damn kind and generous- you deserve it and much more.

bises!

By Blogger Stinkerbell, at 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment