alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Yet another post, no inspiring title...

I received a card RAOK! Manda at KnitPsychos sent the cutest card! Thank you Manda, it arrived on a bad day and really brightened my mood!

Well, later on (hopefully today!) I’ll have tons of pictures to post.

First, I’m hoping to finish the Lelah tube top today. I’m not sure what to name it, I was thinking Siren tube top, because the colorway is Deep Blue Sea that I got from Wool Soup. I don’t have the elastic for the top yet, but that’s easily fixable after a trip to Mom’s house. I know I left some ¾ inch elastic there. It’s just a matter of finding it!

After that, I hope to have a picture of the socks in progress. I have two pairs going… two being knit at the same time from the first attempt (that stalled with a broken size 1 bamboo dpn, and now I’ve replaced them with size 1 brittany dpns), and the first of a pair using the universal sock pattern on 2s with wildfoot sock yarn. That sock is 3x1 rib. I’m almost to the heel on the single sock, and about four repeats away from the heel with the patterned sock (the yarn on those is Lorna’s Laces in the Valentine colorway). After those are done, I want to restart the purple Opal Mosaic raok’d to me by Danielle at Poetic Purl.

Other stuff on the needles… Well, Cleo the tank has been frogged back. I don’t like the yarn I chose, and don’t have a cotton yarn stash. Zip, zilch, nada. I hardly knit with cotton because it tears up my hands (psoriasis and eczema, at the same time, on both hands). However, I might be willing to trade sock yarn for pretty cottons for this tank. They can either be all the same color (and I would prefer variegated) or they can be split into main/contrast colors like the pattern calls for. The pattern is here at Knitty.com. Let me know if you’re interested.

Also, I have some yarns that I’m going to post “Free to a Good Home”. This stuff is fisherman’s wool that has been dyed by moi, but it’s just not my cuppa tea. I’d use the database, but some people have an unreasonable hatred of Lion Brand Fisherman’s wool. (shrug). There’s also going to be some Wool-Ease up for grabs. I’m cleaning out my yarn cabinet of stuff that I know I’m not going to use (ever!) and would prefer y’all got first grabs!

Ok, enough for now… I’m going to go work on Lelah and wait for my bestest friend to sign on to Yahoo from the desert…

Laters…

FaerieLady posted at 9:16 AM

2 Speak to the Faerie Queen

2 Comments:

What colors were you interested in for the Cleo tank? I have some variagated pink/blue or blue/white I'll probably not be using any time soon-- I might be willing to trade for sock yarn.

If no one else is interested in the Fisherman's wool, I am! I love fisherman's wool-- it felts great! What colors do you have?

lisayoud at gmail dot com

By Blogger Lisa, at 11:12 AM  

hey have you thought about getting silk blend maybe? I know that the Artyardns silk is out of controm but I saw a Cleao made in it and it was gorgeous. Knitpicks might be a good option there :)

By Blogger Stinkerbell, at 2:57 AM  

Post a Comment