alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Sunday, May 01, 2005

A calm morning...

Well, it's 8:40 am and *now* I'm calm!

I woke up this morning in a slight "mood". You know those moods... the ones where you sit bolt upright in bed with the NEED to accomplish something. Most people I know are *smart*... they IGNORE these moods, roll over and go back to sleep. Nuh uh, not happenin' with me. Sorry guys, I don't make a habit of ignoring these moods. Add to the fact that I could hear a puppy barking by the computer room door (and therefore, the exit) and you can bet your sweet ass that I was beatin' feet to the door. These guys are almost housebroken when it comes to the shit-piles, and I would prefer to keep it that way. Now if only they would give me some kind of *warning* before they peed! Strangely enough, they don't even SNIFF. They just get up and squat. Wierd. (sigh)

So far this morning I've started a load of laundry, vacuumed all the floors except the bedroom where WingNut is sleeping (I closed his door) and steam cleaned the carpets. Nothing like the fact that I could swear my house smelled like puppy pee. I know it's probably my imagination, but to Hel with it. Steam cleaner, AWAY!

Jeez, I probably sound like a psycho. Oops. I guess you guys are used to it, aren't you?

Anyway, on the knitting front, I'm currently on the upper back of Soleil. I'm hoping to finish the back today, and start the fronts. I'm thinking I'm probably going to knit the fronts at the same time. All I need is to mark which is the left front and which is the right front.

I started the XBack tank, and decided that I abhore the moss stitch in this particular yarn. Can't see the detail very well in the upclose picture on Knitty, but it looks like ass. So back to the drawing board.

Stash enhancement... I'm up six skeins of Berroco Cotton Twist in True Red. I need one more skein of red and two of black. With my skin tone, the entire design (mine, btw) needs to be edged in black. If that red is right next to my skin, I'll look like a jaundice victim. Edged in black, I can get away with it. Prior experience, I know :-P Carol's, my LYS, doesn't have another skein of red and doesn't stock black, so I'll end up having to buy it online. Gods, I hope the red matches!

Sock news... I'm in the midst of turning the heel on the 3x1 sock (universal sock pattern). Have I mentioned that I hate knitting back and forth? My gauge changes (which is, of course, common) but I get *tighter* when I knit back & forth versus in the round. Therefore it's hurting my hands. Yeah yeah, I need some cheese with my whine.

Ok, going back to watching D watch Stanley (cool show, although the talking fish kinda weirds me out sometimes). I need to find something else to clean. I might bleach the kitchen floor. Gods knows it needs it!

Laters...

FaerieLady posted at 6:36 AM

1 Speak to the Faerie Queen

1 Comments:

I like the idea if I start early there might be a chance I can quite early.

They don't sniff? Wierd.

Berroco Cotton Twist in True Red What is the lot number?

Can't wait to see you projects.

By Blogger Danielle, at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment