alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Thursday, May 26, 2005

For My Secret Pal -- Long

Anyone else shouldn't feel the need to read this... it's very boring!


1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I do prefer natural fibers. I use woolease and cottonease for baby stuff, stuff that needs to be washed often. I don’t have much superwash, none of my local stores carry it. I prefer no acrylic for stuff that I’m going to use for myself. I avoid Red Heart like the plague, but that’s because for about the same price per skein I can go to KnitPicks.com and pick up wool.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Both, however I spin more than I crochet. I love the look of clean crocheted edges, and I can do it very well, although it does look weird to see me crochet. I knit right handed, crochet left handed.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Perfumes. I’m very picky about my smells, and most of them make me sneeze profusely.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Almost 2 years actively, but have known how and done it sporadically before then.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Amazon.com, Knittingzone.com, and I’m going to set one up on Knitpicks.com

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I’m kinda afraid to answer this, because I’m so picky about smells. However cedar is good, sage, sweetgrass, pine, and one or two varieties of pomegranate. **No Patchouli**

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Nope. I don’t like chocolate much either. I have a sour tooth.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I make soy wax candles, spinning, fiber and fabric dyeing, fabric painting (literally, not like dye work, but painting pictures on fabric). I don’t do the candles much anymore. That interest waxes and wanes.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Alternative, new age, and hard rock. Yes, my computer can play them, but I don’t usually listen to music on my computer.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Fave color family is jewel tones. Fave color is black. That’s my preferred background color. When I say jewel tones, I mean supersaturated colors, like cobalt, sapphire, burgundy, emerald and forest greens, etc. Brown isn’t my forte. Neither is yellow or orange. All three of those colors make me look like I'm sick. I'm half Puerto Rican.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Currently married, one child age 5 (June 5th is her fifth birthday actually). Four German Shepherds, two females, two males (Zeus is 4, Emrys is 2, Anata and Colin are both 13 weeks).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Linguistic Anthropology, specializing in Gaelic (Scots, Irish, Welsh, and Manx.) I hope to do my master's work overseas in one of those countries.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Oh hard one! I really don’t have a fave yarn to work with… that changes every time I work with something. I prefer wools and wool blends to work with.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Mohair, mohair blends, cottons, cotton blends.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Ahhh jeez. Another hard one. I love cables. Lots and lots of cables.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like to knit just about anything. I can’t think of something I really wouldn’t knit, except maybe lampshades. I don’t really like knitting afghans either.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Trellis from Knitty.com (cabled baby sweater). Red and black tank out of cotton twist (don’t care much for the yarn, but it looks good). Two separate pairs of socks (stalled at the heels). I’m going to cast on soon for Cherry Blossom, and am thinking about starting Pi too. I just can’t decide what yarn to buy for Pi.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

Some people look good in them. Children look cute in them. I look like I’m about 3 foot tall in them, and don’t make them for myself.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circs, but I will work on straights.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

DPNS, Brittany Birch. I break bamboo too easily. Size 5 needles and up, I use my Denise set. Scarves, I use wooden straights. Hats and mittens (mittenettes) I use plastic DPNS or Brittany Birch. I don’t use aluminum if I don’t have to, they make my hands hurt.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Dunno yet, stalled out on the heels of both pairs of socks I have started.

22. How did you learn to knit?

Books, websites, and Knitsteph (via AIM)

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

The socks are 2 months old. That’s the oldest.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Ummmm. Hrm. No fave animated character. Favorite animal? Butterflies.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Yule ties with Samhain.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Butterflies, Faeries, Mystical creature statuettes, Goddess representations (i.e. I have a Cretian Snake Goddess statuette on the entertainment center, etc). My faeries are real faeries, not cherubs with wings.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I’ve got some on my wish list. Maybe some lace books, or books on cables and aran sweaters. (shrug) I don’t tend to collect books.

FaerieLady posted at 12:32 PM

1 Speak to the Faerie Queen

1 Comments:

Oh good, now I know just what to get you -- lots and lots of Red Heart, chocolate, and perfumy things! :)

-your secret pal

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment