alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Monday, May 02, 2005

Moment of Truth...

So here's the deal...

Seems that either I'm going crazy, or my knitting is actually developing personalities. I'm leaning towards the knitting coming alive. I mean, honestly... after spending that much time/energy/et cetera on a knitted piece, wouldn't it be worthy of a little personality? It's like helocopters and airplanes... those suckers have their own personalities! Don't believe me? Ask any Army or AF maintainer!

Anyway, Soleil is irritated with me. She says that I never post progress pictures (except, well, the socks... and do those really count?) and she said she was upset because there was no "here's me casting on, here's Soleil halfway, see Soleil up to the arm divide..." So. Therefore. Here's Soleil, resting comfortably on the blocking towel, getting her little self into shape. I only needed to pin out the lace, the arm holes and neckline. She still needs to be seamed at the shoulders and the crochet edging added. However, that will wait. I have learned the virtues of block before seam!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

See? Soleil isn't just a figment of my imagination.

Now... what to cast on in her place... but don't tell HER that I said that!

Edit Note: Soleil wanted me to say she is not misshapen. It is only because certain parts of her didn't get as wet as the rest of her that some areas appear lighter and therefore kinda "warped" compared to the rest of her. She is very symmetrical, thank ya very much :-)

FaerieLady posted at 5:53 PM

1 Speak to the Faerie Queen

1 Comments:

The color is wonderful.

I agree that after a while projects have personalities. We name them we work on them with all kinds of emotions and feelings. They go places. They have what ever kind of life we give them.

By Blogger Danielle, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment