alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sock yarn for sale... Any takers?

I don’t mean for this to come out as a rant, and if it does please note that I really tried not to let it come out that way.

I’m tired. I’m tired of the larger things that I want to purchase (i.e. more than two skeins of yarn) are always the “negotiable” items. I’m tired of saving money in my account for something, just to have it spent on a necessity simply because someone else bought something for themselves.

For almost 2 years, what I’ve wanted in the way of large purchases were a wheel and a carder. I didn’t think these items were outside my reach, honestly I didn’t. I carefully budgeted X amount of money, setting it aside in my bank account in the hopes that one day I would get to purchase a wheel. I didn’t (and still don’t) want the high end wheels or carders… I want a Babe DT Production wheel in black (total *with shipping* around $198) because it’s virtually indestructible and I don’t have to worry about small children, puppies, etc chewing on it because it’s pvc. Something gets chewed, I take it to the hardware store and get some pvc cut to size and replace it. The dowel gets eaten? Measure, trip to the hardware store, and replace it. I’m all about function… form comes second. Hence, the reason I do want it black. I want it all to match. That’s about it. The carder? I want a Strauch/Fricke petite carder. I don’t do enough wool to justify a large carder, I don’t have the space for a large carder, and it would save my wrists from the handcards. Grand total? I can get it with free shipping for under $300. So grand total over a 2 year period that I wanted to spend on large purchases totals slightly less than $500. I have YET to make it more than THREE MONTHS before the money that I’ve been stashing away “has to be used” on this or that, because something was bought that was frivolous or outside of the budget.

Therefore, I’m selling off half of my sock yarn collection. I’m keeping the yarns I was given, and selling the ones that I bought myself. Email me at Faerielady@gmail.com if you are interested in any of these yarns, I’ll let you know if it’s available and send you a paypal invoice. *All money from this garage sale is staying in my paypal account until I can at least afford to purchase my Babe*. I know that I won’t get enough out of this sock yarn to purchase a Babe, but at least it’s possible I can get a good chunk of it stashed away.

Here’s a link to the slideshow of yarns, and this is a link to still shots. On the stills, if you click on the picture, it gives you cost and specs. If anyone has any problems accessing this, lemme know by commenting or emailing me.

I really appreciate anybody who decides they would like to purchase anything I have up. I love you guys.

**edited to add** Shipping (standard) is included in the price.

FaerieLady posted at 8:05 PM

1 Speak to the Faerie Queen

1 Comments:

I learned a long time ago that a mad money stash should be in bills and coins and actually stashed somewhere it can't be found. Then when it adds up and you want something, you can pull it out, deposit it in the bank and write the check & mail it in the same hour. That keeps it out of the budget and available. {g}

By Blogger Jane, at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment