alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Let the fit begin...

So I've been spinning up a storm, and I really enjoy it. It's hypnotizing...

But anyway, the problem is this... I can't seem to create a "balanced" yarn no matter how hard I try. I'd overspun the last skein, so this one I tried slowing down a bit and increasing the tension (how fast it draws in). I swear to you, it looked fine when it was on the bobbin. I hooked it up to the skeinwinder, and parts of it don't even look like it's even plied!!

(begin wailing)

What in the Hels am I doing wrong?? Am I being too optimistic to think that I can create a balanced yarn just yet? I've seen websites about the skewing capabilities of over and under twisted yarns and I don't necessarily want to DO that, but I can't seem to find a happy medium!

(/wailing)

The yarn that I spun yesterday that's overplied I've decided to make into a small felted bag or scarf. Hey, it's felt. Nobody is going to give a shit. LoL

I'm going to go sulk now with my beautiful but underplied merino. Bah humbug. (whimper)

But at least it's purty, right?

FaerieLady posted at 9:15 PM

1 Speak to the Faerie Queen

1 Comments:

When you set the twist on the yarn hang a weight from the wet skein. It will really help.

The rest just comes with practice practice practice.

When I tried out the Lendrum at the fiber retreat I had to slow down my treadling a whole lot in comparison with my babe. You really don't have to treadle fast at all with the Lendrums.

But really..it gets better with practice.

By Anonymous KnitSteph, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment