alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I should have stayed in bed...

I woke up this morning, and it took me a while to wake up. Lots of coffee later, I get myself and D out the door, in order to get her to daycare. As I was driving home, I made a lefthand turn onto a sidestreet, and the guy on the side street ran the stop sign and T-boned my *brand new car*.

I'm fine. Really. The car isn't.

The damage isn't that bad. I had to crawl out the passenger side front door... both driver side doors are out of commission.
The asshole who hit me left the scene. Also, Oklahoma is a rear-license only state, so there was no license on the front of his car, and he *backed up* down the street, as in reverse, as in he didn't turn around.

Damn good thing I have full coverage insurance and a rental policy. I did call the cops, and the police report, with a full description of his rather "unique" looking SUV and description of him have been filed.

The car's in the shop til next Friday at the earliest, and I already have a rental.

At least I was able to drop D off first. I'm so glad she wasn't in the car. I'm also grateful that the airbag didn't deploy in this situation... it would have hurt more than it could have helped.

I'm so angry I could scream. Stil.. ::sigh::

FaerieLady posted at 3:35 PM

2 Speak to the Faerie Queen

2 Comments:

Oh my god!!! So glad you're OK! I hate hearing stories like that, it just revs up my feelings that everyone on the road is a total jerk. Hitting someone, trashing their car and then driving away in reverse to not get caught?! And all the while knowing that the person you just hit is sitting right there watching you?! People are just unbelievable. Anyway, at least it was only the car that got damaged, and cars are fixable. I suggest a strong dose of knitting to make you feel better!

-your secret pal

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 AM  

:( that is totally crappy. I hope you are ok and I am really glad D was not in the car.

People just are totally pissy.

I hope you are ok and not to sore and stiff. Let me know if you need something.

By Blogger Danielle, at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment