alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Interview Questions from Lori

The Rules
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview Me"
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someoneelse in the post.
5. When others asking to be interviewed comment, you will ask them 5 questions.Interview

Questions:

How did you end up living in Oklahoma? Where were your parents from originally?

Lessee... Dad's an AF brat, born in San Antonio Tx, and eventually got to Lawrence, KS where he graduated high school and joined the AF. My Mom was born in New York City, and she also joined the AF. My dad's Native American/white, and Mom's full blood Puerto Rican. I ended up here because when my father outprocessed from the AF, he was stationed here at Tinker AFB. For some unknown reason, we stayed here. Believe me, I'm not happy about that choice, but at the time I wasn't old enough for my opinion to matter.

When are you most happy?

I'm most happy when I'm learning (I'd probably be a lifelong college student if I was allowed).

What made you change your blog name to Faerie Lady Knits? Is there a special significance for you?

The faerie joke is a running joke in my family. First, most of the kids in my family (including me) were born with pointed ears. My youngest nephew still has his... they haven't "flattened" out yet. Second, I can't wear iron or iron ore jewelry (hemetite, lodestone, hawkseye, etc). The jewelry has a nasty habit of breaking into tiny pieces. The last thing happens to be my little faerie "entourage". You know that saying "the faeries took it?" In my house, that's probably true. Be nice, ask nicely, and it appears back in your possession. It's very weird, but everyone who's been around me notices... and we're talking about things like the door key that you use every single day appearing in the pocket of a jacket that's been packed for months. Seriously.

What is your favorite dish to order at a restaurant? What is yourfavorite dish to cook?

Cooking is one big experiment to me. I'm constantly learning new dishes. My favorite food to order is bulgogi at the Korean restaurant that I love to visit whenever I can.

How did you get into knitting/spinning?

Knitting, I kinda fell into. I wanted to do it, got a book on it, learned to do it from the pictures and instructions, with lots of help from KnitSteph. Spinning... well, I was dragged into that (although I have to admit, I was easily convinced) by the Benevolent Dictator and KnitSteph.

FaerieLady posted at 5:09 PM

0 Speak to the Faerie Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment