alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Just a little peeved.

Ya know, I mailed my scarf out for the scarf exchange on Monday the 17th. I sent it global priority.. around 5-7 business days. I don't expect an instant response... in fact, I know better than that. However the person I sent to hasn't blogged since the begining of August (the 3rd, actually) and emails to her have gone without a response.

Add to that the fact I've emailed the SE persons three times so far (twice enquiring about the person I sent to, once to change my address) and I haven't even gotten a 1 word reply...

Jiminy crickets! I understand busy! I have five journal entries to write (all over poetry in two chapters, assigned today, due Thursday at 930am), well over 50 algebra problems due Thursday, 2 chapters in AMHIST pre-civil war, and my lovely Religious Philosophies of the world homework and chapter summary, That's just the stuff I have to read that was assigned today and due Thursday. Add to that a five year old child and the "man who lives in the house" and you'll see that I just haven't got the time to do much, and what time I do have I want to spend with my (few) friends and D.

But I sure as hell can answer an email with "ok will look into it", or even a simple reply saying that they are too busy... anything would suffice! Even a fuck you.... *sigh*

I just hate to think that I put that work (and believe me, after half the scarf, it was work... the pattern was a bit... boring? but beautiful, and worth the time) into a knitted object, by all that's out there I'd like to at least *know* something.

No more secret scarf exchanges. I might try the next secret pal, but I'm definitely not doing another scarf exchange. I haven't heard a peep from the person sending to me, but I'm still going to try to maintain a positive attitude about that.

Later.

FaerieLady posted at 5:16 PM

2 Speak to the Faerie Queen

2 Comments:

Sympathy. It can be so hard to hit a deadline, but not sending a quick notice or reply? Well, that's rude. And I'd call her on it, too.

People can be so unintentionally rude these days.

By Blogger Freecia, at 5:51 PM  

I totally get it. I was able to get my wrist distaff done and mailed on time...even with a freaking hurricane and a week without electricity. I mean please, it is not that hard to respond to someone's inquiries. :-/ But I have the work luck imaginable in swaps. I almost always get the poopy end of the stick.

By Blogger Rissa, at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment