alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Sunday, October 16, 2005

If you have a moment...

Please think positive thoughts for me. No, nothing horrible has happened, I just need the encouragement.

I'm trying to quit smoking. I've smoked for 13 years, at least a pack a day, with only one break of six months or so.

I also currently live with a smoker. No, he's not quitting. No, he doesn't care that I am. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn.

I'm going to go clean out my car, and see if I have the money stashed to have the interior detailed... every little thing that helps me not feel like lighting up is worth it.

I'm not going cold turkey... I'm using a smoking cessation aid.

Laters!

FaerieLady posted at 7:33 AM

4 Speak to the Faerie Queen

4 Comments:

Go Kae Go!

Really, think of all the money you'll be saving, how you can spend the money on other stuff you want, and teaching your daughter that trying to improve yourself or change is never a waste of effort.

O.o 13 years? Wow (I know how old you are, young lady). Good good good for you to do all you can to stop.

By Blogger Freecia, at 8:36 AM  

Ohhh, thinking positive cessation thoughts here. If I were a smoker, I bet I'd be the world's shittiest role model. Thank goodness I never started. (witness the diet cola phenomenon)

Yayyyyy, Kae!!!

By Blogger Norma, at 6:26 PM  

You can do it! You are stronger than the addiction. Think of all the money you'll have now to splurge on nice yarns instead of pumping it into a deceptve, filthy coorporate giant! Treat yourself to a pair of really nice needles.

I quit for the final time on 8 August using the patch-think I've finally kicked it for good. You'll really feel much better!

By Blogger Jerry, at 2:48 AM  

I quit 6 weeks ago yesterday. it's hard, but it gets easier. Definitely use the patch or something, i did. It helps. Drink lots of water, and take lots of deep breaths. And hang in there. IT's not any fun, get over it.

By Anonymous Julia, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment