alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Monday, October 17, 2005

A small break...

Not necessarily from any particular blogging event, just things have been so crazy that I don't know if I will feel like updating any time soon. I should, I might, depends on how I feel.

My husband and I are going to get a divorce. We managed to talk about it late(r) this evening after the ritual afternoon fight, and come to several compromises, including a non-combatant non-argumentative clause. Said clause is in effect from now until I leave, mainly for the sanity of my child.

She was in tears because she heard part of the fight, and after dinner with Nana and Papa (they took her out to eat) she refused to come in until I promised that Steve and I wouldn't yell at each other anymore. I feel so ashamed and upset that she heard that, and that it made her cry.

*sigh*

Oh well. Shit happens and life goes on. We can only hope to make the best of it, and maybe Steve and I will be better friends after it's all said and done. Who knows?

Laters....

FaerieLady posted at 9:23 PM

8 Speak to the Faerie Queen

8 Comments:

Oh, Kae, I'm sorry. But you're doing such the right thing about the non-combatant clause. God, I don't know if I could be such a big person. That is awesome, for the girl. And I hope you do end up better friends at the end of it. I wish you ease of transition and finding the right path.

By Blogger Norma, at 6:10 AM  

Breathe in...breathe out. I hope it remains a peaceful and adult breakup.

By Blogger Stacey, at 8:45 AM  

Big Hugs. Sending positive wishes your way and hoping you'll move on to better things. Even though life sometimes get tougher, it can also become more happy and positive in your new circumstances.

Love yourself and your daughter. You obviously do, but when things get tough, breath and recite "love myself and D". Sometimes people going through hard times (especially women) need to remember to respect themselves and then others will respect them, too.

By Blogger Freecia, at 10:52 AM  

Kae,

I am so sorry to hear that you're going through this. We must definitely speak soon, as I feel your pain more than I can express here. Light & love guide you; you're a strong woman, and a wonderful mother. Know that I'm thinking of you and lending strength...

By Anonymous Autumn Hollow, at 3:21 PM  

May the Gods lend you strength and watch over you and D during this. I pray that it is not as ugly in the end as my second one was.

By Blogger Jenger, at 6:21 PM  

Kae hon- am here whenever you need for what ever you need.

By Blogger Stinkerbell, at 6:17 AM  

I've been there, can empathize, and if you find you need a shoulder, even a virtual one, I'm here. My ex-husband and I agreed to divorce amicably and peacefully for the sakes of our children, and I'm glad we did. And as Norma said, I too wish you ease in this transition. I also wish for you peace and strength.

By Blogger LB, at 7:39 AM  

Take care of yourself during this challenging time. I will be thinking positive thoughts about you and your daughter.

By Blogger Diane, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment