alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Saturday, January 07, 2006

No New Year's Resolutions...

But I do have New Year's Plans... like, knitting plans. Does that count?

I learned a long time ago not to make resolutions, and I'm sure that many other folk have some to the same conclusions using the same logic that I have... there's a difference between "attaining a goal" and "resolving". To resolve requires a different attitude, a different mindset than a "goal".

So... I decided to share the sock knitting goals of 2006 that I, the FaerieLady, have officially set for myself. If I attain them, then YAY! If not, well, that's ok too :-) Besides, this way y'all can really see what kind of sock whore I *really* am. Fastest way to FaerieLady's heart (well, knitting heart!) other than silk and wool fiber is handpainted or hand dyed sock yarn. Preferably pretty stuff that I don't have to dye myself ;-)

1. Jaywalker Socks by Grumperina
Yarn Choice: Socks that Rock in the Lapis colorway.

2, Conwy Socks from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
Yarn Choice: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Tropical Storm

3. Denmark from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
Yarn Choice: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Amythest Stripe

4. Friday Harbor from Knitting on the Road
Yarn Choice: Koigu KPPPM in variegated greens

5. New England Socks from... you guessed it!
Yarn Choice: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl

6 the last sock from KotR would be the Traveler's Stocking
Yarn Choice: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Spanish Moss

7. Fancy Silk Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
Yarn Choice: Peruvian collection Baby Cashmere in teal

Additions are allowable, acceptable, and in fact encouraged as new socks yarns find themselves taking up space in my closet. Gorgeous sock yarns cry helplessly until they are made into even more gorgeous pairs of socks and appreciated/loved and petted on a daily basis as necessary to restore their fibery equilibrium. Other projects shall be worked around the infamous socks. However, I shall admit that I am a small project and sock yarn slut, and shall follow my whorish leanings and pursue my love of knitting socks on small pointy sticks.


FaerieLady posted at 11:18 AM

0 Speak to the Faerie Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment