alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

RAOK and Weird Target

The beautiful Dani at Poetic Purl sent me a lovely snail mail card. Because the FaerieLady is an ass, or maybe just overworked and undersleeping, I haven't yet thanked her for it. Dani m'dear, thank you so much! I love the card :-)

I have also decided that I, the FaerieLady, must have a target painted on my back. The big "hit me" target. You see, yesterday as I was driving home after work after picking up my mother from work (she doesn't drive) and my daughter from daycare, I stopped at a red light. My wheels were turned to the right and I was looking to see if I could go when a lady in a white Pontiac van bumped into me.

Literally. She musta been going *maybe* five or ten mph. This was a case of her foot slid off the brake!

After getting out and looking (remember, I drive a tank, aka 95 Caprice), I noticed that she didn't even scratch my paint. This lady looked like she was going to come apart at the seams, and admtted to me (and showed me) that she had just recently been to her father's funeral. Ok, I have a heart. Believe me, she did no damage to myself, my passengers, or my car, so I offered to just trade information and go about our merry ways. She gave me a big hug and cried.

Mental note: Women the same age or older than my mother tend to freak me out when they cry. Why? Because I don't know how to deal with it. I am woman enough to admit that!

After exchanging info, she gave me another hug and I gave her the friendly advice of "please go home and rest, relax a little bit. You *don't* need to be on the road in your condition." She agreed with me, and thanked me again.

So. There you have it. I have a target on my back for low-speed crashes. The three good things... she had insurance (if there was damage), she stayed (last guy hit and ran), and there was no damage (last time, both the driver's side front & rear doors and the front quarterpanel were toasted).

There are definite advantages to driving a tank! Second impact in six months. At least this one was much better than the last one!

I hope that lady went home and chilled for a while. She really didn't need to be on the road, and I felt so bad for her.

Later.

FaerieLady posted at 6:37 PM

2 Speak to the Faerie Queen

2 Comments:

Sorry you got bumped; I'm glad everyone was okay and there was no damage.

By Blogger Samantha, at 3:06 PM  

Glad you liked and that you only had a mini fender bender.

D

By Blogger Danielle, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment