alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire...

Yes, FaerieLady failed again at her "resolution" not to sign up for these things. The fact that I hosted the third has since worn off since the wonderful Heidi and her pressies to me through SP5. So. without further ado, this twice burned and very shy person is posting the secret pal questionnaire and hopefully it covers most (if not everything) that my pal wishes to know.

Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Yes, I am a yarn snob. For years, I denied it. However, I've since figured out that knitting with crappy yarn is a horrible experience for me, and I've gotten picky. I also have psoriasis and eczema, so soft and non-scratchy is a definite requirement. Please also note that I am allergic to mohair.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I am a spinner and crocheter. However, I've pretty much moved away from crocheting unless it's to edge a project.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case for my long straights. Everything else ends up in a tupperware tote.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I don't remember how long I've been knitting. I consider myself an intermediate knitter.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon and Knitpicks. Links should still be on my sidebar.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I usually don't use scented items... I work in a perfume free environment. Most scents contain silicone ions, which screws up my job.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
No sweet tooth, amazingly enough. Seems like everyone else in my family has one. I do enjoy some sour candies, but they are rare and far between.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do a lot of dyework, primarily fiber, but sometimes cottons for quilting. I used to make soy candles, but I don't do that anymore (see scent answer). I do a lot of other stuff, but for some reason I can't remember them all right now. Primarily it's just spinning, dyeing, and knitting right now.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm into rock, alternative, and new age music. I can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are blue (cobalt) and green (broken spruce, emerald green, forest green). Favorite palate is jewels, and I can't stand orange or yellow. I'm learning to live with pastels, but they *still* aren't near my top listing of colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a single parent of a 5 year old girl. We have one cat, Merlin, who is 8 months old.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, and mittens. Ponchos are a sign of the devil. LOL

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I like merinos, like Knitpicks Merino Style & dye your own sock yarn. My all time favorite yarn right now is Socks that Rock. I also like silks, silk blends, alpaca, etc. Think soft. LOL

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like.
Mohair. Allergic to it. I also hate Noro. I've not met a Noro yarn that I like, and I've tried most of them.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks!

17. What are you knitting right now?
Two pairs of socks on the needles, one hat, the second of a pair of mittenettes.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends. Scarves and sweaters, straights. Socks, Brittany DPNs. I am not too terribly fond of circs.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Brittany Birch all the way baby.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.

22. How did you learn to knit?
From a book and a website.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I clean out the frog pond regularly. Oldest UFO is three months old, and it's almost done now.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Um... .no favorite animated character. Favorite animal? Butterflies, hands down.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Winter Solstics

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Pocket Dragons, porcelain Mardi Gras dolls (18-24 inch height, porcelain hands, face, feet), and feathered and beaded masks.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Alchemy and Fleece Artist are both yarns that I haven't had a chance to try yet. Other than that, I usually am patient enough to wait til I can afford to buy what I want.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Umm. Hrm. Have to think on that one.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I wear a woman's 7 1/2 shoe, with a five to six inch cuff, 9 inch ankle, 9 inch foot. When I cast on on size 1s, I cast on 64 stitches normally.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
My birthday just passed... 12/28.

I've been told before that I am extremely hard to buy for, since I have a pretty much non-existent sweet tooth and detest chocolate unless it's on expresso beans. I hope this really isn't the case, but I'm going to let my SP be the judge of that.

FaerieLady posted at 10:20 PM

0 Speak to the Faerie Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment