alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
FaerieLady Knits

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Variety of things

Here at Chez FaerieLady, it really hasn't been all about knitting. It just seems to be the easiest, least involved, most photogenic thing for me to post about right now.

Seriously. da FaerieLady is a little on the depressed side. Not clinically depressed, no. Just a little down and out about life situations. The dyeing, the knitting, that's all stuff I do because 1. I love it and 2. it's freakin' cheaper than therapy.

You see, the FL is a bit confused and sad. The connections that I've felt with the people in this area have dimished considerably in the past year. What connections I have left are shrinking now, because I work and go to school, as well as have a small child. My friends that have children (there aren't many of them, but they know who they are) are either a. around or b. not around. Unfortunately, of those types, only one of them is around. For that I am thankful... her coming over with her kid allows my kid to have someone to play with for a few hours and frees me up on a weekend to talk to a real functioning adult that I am not related to (i.e. not my parents).

The other people... well, they don't have kids. Or worse... they don't have kids and would like to hang out... but work radically different schedules than mine. I'm sorry, I'm usually in bed hours ago. Tonight I'm staying up, but I will pay for it in the morning when I drag myself out of my bed at the "regular" time so I don't feel like a truck ran me over on Monday morning. That means I'm typically awake and online long before their alarms go off, and offline by the time they are stumbling around getting coffee in order to become civilized people, or they are working when I'm getting home from work and relaxing (i.e. signing on)... or I'm at school that evening and am only online less than 30 minutes before I crash out. So. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I also shut down the Pagan study group I've been running for the past three years. Why? Lack of time, effort, motivation, and participation by myself or other members of the group. So. Yet another series of lost connections.

Ah jeez. This wasn't meant to turn into the whine of a baby whoss toys are being taken away. Suck it up Faerie, and get on with it!

Waitaminute! I do have have high notes...

A person near and dear to my heart will be arriving into town in a little over a week for small "break" before having to go to parts unmentionable. I can't wait. That's one of the few things I've been counting the days on, and I can guarantee FL will be counting the hours as the day draws closer.

I'm becoming more involved with the spinning group again, and am actually feeling the motivation to attend, which had been lacking a bit previously. These ladies, for the most part, don't think I'm some kind of pierced and tattoo'd weirdo freak, so I've been relaxing around them a bit. Actually had a quite stimulating conversation last Monday night with someone I do like (quite a lot, her personality is just one of those types) who was spinning a beautiful silk and wool blend.

I have plans to try to start the ball rolling on an official business. Motivation has finally struck. I won't be a big business for a long while, but I'll soon have my own website and a shopping cart actually on the website. It'll take a while to get it the way I want it, but I'll get there. I'm also going to register my business with the state and get a tax i.d. number, and maybe even apply for some of the grants out here available for new small business owners.

Part of that plan includes becoming a Louet sales distributor. The main thing I'm interested in would be their base dyeable yarns, for dyeing and sale, but if I do become a Louet distributor, I will be looking into a fine cloth carder as well. I have fifteen pounds of wool to dye for Rendezvous, and will be placing that order again when my loan checks come in. I want to branch out a little bit and offer some carded batts as well as my usual fiber (Falkland 56's and Merino 64's) and the new ToTs yarns.

Ok that's enough rambling crap for now... I'm sure that's more than most want to know, but I'm not done with it. I might talk more about it later... it's really late now, especially for me. I need to get my lazy ass to bed, or I'm really gonna be hurtin' later!

FaerieLady posted at 11:14 PM

5 Speak to the Faerie Queen

5 Comments:

Congrats on getting the business going! Does Louet distribute the Louey Yarn as well as the wheels?

Hope things cheer up soon. IM(Unsolicited)O, there are plenty of pierced and tatooed Mom's out here in California, especially in Berkeley and SF. But then, we're known for our Alternative lifestyles :)

-visit.freecia.com

By Blogger Freecia, at 2:52 PM  

Sorry you got the blues....

YOur high notes sound good. I will cross my bits.

By Blogger Danielle, at 3:42 PM  

Hmm...Louet, eh?

Well I know now what my next wheel will be.

By Blogger kaoticorchid, at 1:12 AM  

we all have funks and silences... you will come through it in vivid jewel toned colours :)

and remember that people who have been static themselves... we love you!

By Blogger Stinkerbell, at 10:08 AM  

You've convinced me that there is a negative biorhythm curve somewhere that we're feeling. But you're a bright jewel and you'll be shining again soon, I know it!

By Blogger Jerry, at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment